I’ve been working in software engineering for over 25 years now with an emphasis on object oriented programming and software architecture. In recent years that technical knowledge was complemtend by the aspects of cloudification, Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery and microservice architecture.
I am especially interested in event driven architecture and its enabling tools like Apache Kafka. I enjoy working in agile teams and striving to become a true agilist or even an agile coach myself.
Senior Software Engineer
My most recent tasks at this leading german telco include the cloudification of existing software system. The bandwidth of my work ranges from developing cloud natvie applications for highly managed clouds like Openstack to defining low level network policies and provisioning GitOps tools like Flux on bare k8s clusters. In addition I helped establishing a common CI / CD platform for parts of the company using GitLab and Artifactory. My programming / architectural efforts included decomposing monolithic systems into smaller api-based services, back end Java programming with Spring as well as front end programming using React.
- Cloudification of existing systems (Kubernetes / Openshift)
- Migration of existing systems to Microservice architecture (Java / Python / REST-Api)
- Establishing Continuous Integration / Delivery (GitLab / Flux)
Freelance Software Developer / Architect
The tasks covered during my years as a freelance software engineer range from developing web based eCommerce applications to designing distributed SOA systems. Most of my work was based on Java using J2EE, Spring, OSGi, webMethods, JBoss and the Websphere application server. Clients included banks, insurance companies and departments in the public sector.
- Design and implementation of SOA based, distributed systems (webMethods / J2EE/ JBoss)
- Development of an OSGi based data analytics platform (Java / OSGi)
- Development of an online banking portal (Java / J2EE / WebLogic /)
Consultant / Support Engineer
My work for Hewlett Packard included consulting on linux and Oracle databases as well as second level support for HP’s product management applications and CAD applications.
- Support and consulting for relational databases (Oracle), linux
- Second level support in german, english and french
Cloudification of a virtualized system
Main tasks included: Decomposing the existing application, containerization, cloudification on k8s and establishing CI / CD using weavework's GitOps Toolkit
Development of a CI /CD platform
Main tasks included: Integration of GitLab, jfrog Artifactory and Keycloak to form a CI / CD platform, including development of glue code / services and a user interface
Development of an eCommerce application
Main tasks included: Development of Java / Spring based components. Decomposition of the monolithic architecture. Introduction of CI / CD and E2E test automation
Architecture / development of a SOA based system
Main tasks included: Development of Web services based on WSDL and SOAP. Orchestration of Web services using the webMethods Integration Server and Talend Open Studio
- 2003 · Java mit Open Source-Tools (German), ISBN: 9783827264626
- 2004 · J2EE mit Struts & Co (German), ISBN: 9783827266804